Did you know that some business usage and vehicle types may be excluded from your personal auto insurance? The name is somewhat self-explanatory, personal auto policies are not meant for businesses. It is important to know the difference between a personal auto policy and a commercial auto policy.
Commercial Auto Insurance, also referred to as Commercial Truck Insurance, Commercial Car Insurance or Fleet insurance( for more than one vehicle). The business you are in and the type of vehicle that you use in your business can and does vary in the type of vehicle used. The vehicle could be a company car or a variety of commercial trucks or vans. The coverage also includes employees that operate the company vehicle.
Commercial auto polices offer Liability, Collision, Comprehensive, Medical payments, Hired/Non Owned and Uninsured motorist coverage. It is important to remember that there are differences between commercial auto policy and your personal auto policy. Commercial Policies offer these coverage at a higher limit then personal policies.
Knowing Coverage is Important
• Bodily Injury Liability- it will pay for injury or death that results from an accident that you were at fault, most policies cover legal defense*
• Property Damage Liability- coverage if your vehicle accidentally causes damage to another person’s property
• CSL(Combined Single Limit)- A CSL policy has the same amount of coverage per covered occurrence whether bodily or property damage, whether it is one person or several people
• Medical Payments- typically pays medical expenses of driver and passengers in your vehicle that happened in a covered accident , regardless of who was at fault.
• Personal Injury Protection- this coverage provides up to $10,000 in Medical benefits, generally designed to provide these benefits regardless of fault.
• Uninsured Coverage- this covers you for injuries and sometimes certain property damage caused by an uninsured driver or a hit and run driver.
• Under-insured Motorist Coverage- for cases in which the at fault driver has insufficient insurance
• Comprehensive Physical Damage coverage- pay for damage to your vehicle for theft, flood, fire, vandalism and other covered perils
• Collision Coverage- covers you for damage to your vehicle when it hits or is hit by another object
We write for multiple carriers that offer a variety of coverage designed to protect the cargo or people your are entrusted with to safely deliver. You work hard in your business and you deserve to have coverage that works as hard as you do.
Commercial Auto Insurance is very important to you sand your business. Let us protect you with the coverage you need , while you concentrate on getting to you next job site.
We look forward to answering your questions and assisting you with all of your insurance needs.